POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Media spike thing. : Media spike thing. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Media spike thing.
From: Tek
Date: 21 Feb 2002 19:27:15
Message: <3c759063@news.povray.org>
// see p.b.i message "It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but
anyway..."

// hopefully this source will produce the image I've posted,
// but I might have changed it after that point!

// media spike with funky errors
// by tek

// includes

#include "rad_def.inc"

// global set up

global_settings {
 max_trace_level 5
 radiosity {
    Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Fast, off, off)
 }
}

// the scene

camera {
 #declare image_dim = sqrt(image_width*image_height); // kind of average
dimension
 right   x*image_width/image_dim
 up    y*image_height/image_dim
 direction z*0.6

 location <1,0.1,-3>*1500
 look_at y*2500
}

light_source {
 <-1,3,-2>*10000
 rgb fBmod*1
}

sphere {
 -10000*y, 20000 // -6000000*y, 6020000

 hollow on

 material {
  texture { pigment { rgbt 1 } }
  interior {
   media {
    scattering {
     1, rgb <0.2,0.3,1.0>
     extinction 0.5
    }
    absorption 0

    method 3 // this is the default in pov 3.5, included for clarity.

    aa_level 12
    aa_threshold 1/255
    variance 1/255
    confidence 0.9